Sunday, August 24, 2008

All the Way From Manila & Baltimore







The day finally arrived that Riley got to meet Uncle Justin, Aunt Sara, and her cousin Addie. This was a long awaited introduction. For those of you who don't know, Riley was born the same day that her uncle, aunt, and cousin were moving to the Phillipines. So this visit is super special for me and Riley. I'm so glad that Riley is getting to interact with more of her family. Riley was a little scared at first because of all the excitement. Not to mention that her Uncle Justin is a little loud...he made her cry a little bit. That's only because as soon as he walked in the door he said "give me that baby!" Riley was wondering what crazy man was taking her away from her mommy. It was still a great moment! I am so excited that they are in Hawai'i.





Kiki arrived on Saturday afternoon and was greeted at the airport by Trey and Justin. It was so nice to have some family visiting. Riley was rather overwhelmed with all the new faces and sounds around her. She wasn't quite sure what to think or how to act. After a few minutes of getting aquainted she stopped her fussing and started smiling and playing. It was so much fun to watch Addie interact with Riley. Addie kept trying to help Riley jump in her jumperoo. Sara and I were trying to teach Addie that she has to be gentle with the baby. Addie is just too sweet with Riley. It's adorable how much Addie likes babies. We are definitely enjoying our time with family in town.

2 comments:

The Gunning Family said...

Rachel,

How fun! The pictures are wonderful. I am so happy everyone can be togehter and enjoying you little love bug! Be careful, it goes by way too fast. I hope you enjoy your time with family and have an extra special birthday will them there! Lots of hugs, kisses and love from the east coast! Miss you all!
Aunt Donna

Megan said...

I miss you all too. The pictures are great. I'm happy to see that Kris came out to visit. If any of you get a chance. Snorkel for me and give the little ones (and the big ones too) a hug and kiss for me.
-Megan Hockert