Monday, September 1, 2008

Hauoli La Hanau!



Hauoli La Hanau means Happy Birthday! I celebrated my 27th birthday this past Thursday. So once again it was another girl day because the boys both had to work! We decided to take Addie and Riley to the zoo! Riley got to experience the zoo for the first time. I carried her in the baby bjorn because she likes to be up and looking around. I wasn't sure how long Riley would last out in the heat, but she was an absolute angel. I just had to make one rest stop to feed her and she was fine the rest of the afternoon. I was so proud! Addie was a great little girl too! She had so much fun looking at all the animals. She even got to pet a llama. It was nice because the zoo had a kid friendly little petting zoo area. Addie really enjoyed this part. It was fun to watch Addie look at all the animals because I got to see what I have to look forward to in about 11 months! After the zoo Justin joined us and we went out to dinner for my birthday. I had seen an Olive Garden commercial and started craving Italian. And since I was talking about it so much I put Sara in the mood for Italian too! So we decide to go to Old Spaghetti Factory. Well after getting caught in traffic and it taking an hour to get to there, we were all expecting a fabulous meal. Fabulous it was not! We renamed it the Old Spaghetti Crappery! And if you're wondering why we didn't just go to Olive Garden it's because there isn't one here in Oahu. All in all I had a great birthday mostly due to the fact I got to spend it with lots of people I love and adore. I truly couldn't have asked for a better birthday!

1 comment:

The Gunning Family said...

Rachel,

Glad to hear you had a great birthday! Looks like you had tons of fun with Mom and Justin and Sara and Addie. Riley is getting bigger by the hour! She is adorable. I love the one where she's really laughing! Take care and we miss you tons! Love, Aunt Donna