Friday, May 11, 2012

Taking Notes

The girls and I spent some time at the playground this evening.  It's the first time since Emrey has been walking that we've been down there.  Which means it was Emrey's first time to get out  of the stroller and explore what the playground had to offer.  She was tickled pink!  She must have been taking notes when she sat in the stroller for all those months watching her two big sisters run around the playground.  Emrey immediately walked over to the slides, climbed her butt up on the slide and attempted to climb all the way up the slide.  She kept slipping back down once she got about half way up.  And then after about ten tries she made it to the top with no help at all.  Emrey was determined to follow her sisters and climb to the top of the slide.  I couldn't believe my eyes.  I would've never let Riley do that when she was 11 months old.  It's amazing how much more relaxed you are with child #3!  I've got my work cut out for me now when we go to the playground!!

2 comments:

eliza kate said...

That second photo is so sweet, big sister Riley with a helping hand.

Rachel said...

Riley is a great big sister! She's always helping and sharing. She's my sweet girl :)