Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Happy 1st Birthday, Emrey Belle!

 The day has arrived.  Our sweet little Emrey turned 1 today.  I have to say this was the fastest year so far.  I can't even believe that a year has passed since Emrey was born.  I remember that day like it was yesterday.  I have to admit today was bittersweet for me.  Normally, when one of my babies is celebrating their first birthday I'm already expecting another baby.  This year is much different.  Emrey is 1 and she's my last baby.  I definitely got teary eyed today looking back at the pictures of Emrey when she was born.  As happy as I am for Emrey to start the toddler stage of her life, I'm sad that I'm done having babies.  Three is definitely enough for us.  I just know I'm going to miss it.  But, like Trey says, four kids won't fit in the Jeep!  

The girls and I went out and got some balloons to help celebrate Emrey's birthday.  Hadley was happy because she got a purple balloon.  Riley picked out a princess balloon for Emrey and pink balloons for herself!  Emrey was amazed by the balloons.  She got so excited every time she held one and couldn't take her eyes off of them.  

As excited as Emrey was about her balloons, she was even more excited for presents.  Riley assisted in the unwrapping of gifts.  I think Riley was just as excited, if not more, than Emrey.
Emrey, you have been the perfect addition to complete our family.  We love you to the end of the earth.  Thank you for being such a sweet and loving baby girl.  I can't wait to see what the next year brings!

No comments: