Sunday, April 24, 2011

Hoppy Easter

Thank goodness for grandparents is all I can say!  As you know, the stomach bug had hit my house and not only did I have a couple of days of sicks kids, I was sick myself.  Luckily, Kiki & Nana both sent the girls some Easter packages.  I am so grateful for this because I was out of commission and couldn't go get the girls little treats.  Unfortunately we didn't even get to dye eggs because I was sick.  The girls didn't know the difference though because this was going to be the first year I tried it out with them.  Better luck next year!  The girls each got a cute bathing suit, barrettes and a couple of books from Kiki.  Nana sent them bunny ear headbands(which I couldn't get them to wear for a picture), little purse with a $1 bill, little bubble buckets and some cookies.  Their Easter basket was nice and filled up for them.  


Trey attempted to buy some of the plastic eggs so we could let the girls do an egg hunt, but everywhere had been sold out for a week.  Oops!!  So the Easter bunny brought the girls a swimming pool for the backyard.  Riley jumped right in and loved every second.  Hadley wasn't too sure at first, but then joined in on the fun.  Trey got in the pool with the girls and splashed around.  I sat on the porch and watched all the fun because I was still feeling a little under the weather.  It was a really low key day for us, and that was fine by me!!  Thanks to Kiki, Po, & Nana for the Easter treats!!

No comments: