Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Hot & Sweaty

I'm not quite sure what I was thinking, but I thought it would be a good idea to take the girls to the park after lunch.  I packed them up in their new Radio Flyer wagon(courtesy of Nana for Christmas) and off we went.  Both of the girls enjoyed their wagon ride to the park and were ready to play as soon as we got there.

It was about 12:30pm when we arrived and piping hot.  I thought there was a nice breeze that would keep us cool, but it disappeared when we reached the park.  Oh well, the girls didn't seem to mind at all. There was a 4 year old boy at the park with his mom who was pregnant.  We both laughed at how we thought the fresh air would be nice but couldn't believe how hot it was.  Riley ran around and played with her new friend while Hadley climbed the stairs and went down the slide all by herself!  Yes, she thinks she's a big girl, meanwhile I'm trying to keep calm!  After about 45 minutes of running around and playing Riley tells me she has to go potty.  So I grabbed Hadley and then reached for Riley's hand to walk her over to the bathroom when she just starts peeing right on the ground.  OOPS!!  I couldn't believe my eyes.  She's never had an accident in public and hasn't had an accident in months.  I was so embarrassed, but hey, accidents happen.  Riley was so preoccupied playing with her new buddy that she didn't realize she had to go to the bathroom until it was too late.  On the one hand I was embarrassed, but on the other hand I was excited that we got to go home into the air conditioning!  Isn't that awful?  Both the girls were hot and sweaty and needed a break from the heat anyway.  Riley was upset she wet her pants and was apologizing to me.  I told her it was alright, those things happen sometimes.  She said she wouldn't do it again.  I love that girl!  We got home and got Riley cleaned up and all enjoyed some ice cold water!

1 comment:

Terry said...

Let's see... Talk to boys or go to the bathroom, Riley is getting more like Aunt Terry everyday.
XOXO