Thursday, November 4, 2010

The Time Has Come

 A couple of weeks ago Hadley started taking a couple of steps. She would take two steps and then lose her balance and fall on her bum.  Then a few days later it turned into three steps.  On the night of Halloween while I was getting the girls bath ready Hadley took seven steps.  Of course those steps were interrupted when Riley threw a ball and hit Hadley in the head.  Hadley lost her balance and went down.  But I knew it probably wouldn't be too much longer before she started walking.  Last night we were in the play room cleaning up before bath time.  Hadley had picked up a ball and I asked her to bring it to me.  She walked across the room without falling!  It was about 15 or so steps.  I yelled for Trey to come in and see.  We kept having her walk back and forth between us.  I forgot how exciting it is to witness this momentous occasion in your childs' life!  Trey and I were both thrilled to watch Hadley walk back and forth.  Hopefully she'll get the hang of the walking and be moving on her feet all of the time.  Hadley was pretty excited with herself.  Trey and I have both been waiting for this moment.  Yay!  I'm hoping that my life will get a little easier with her being able to move around with another option other than crawling.  I know it will make playing outside much more fun!  My little baby is growing up!

2 comments:

Terry said...

Holy Moly, by the time Kris gets out there for number 3, both the girls will be able to hike up the lighthuse trail.
I love you.

Sara said...

She is so stinkin cute!!! I love the pants and no shirt. Looks just like her cousin Bella running around the house. Yay for first steps.