Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

This Thanksgiving we didn't have any company like last year when both my mom and Trey's mom were here.  It was nice last year to have the moms cooking while I relaxed and took care of Riley and my newborn, Hadley!  I was excited to cook another Thanksgiving meal this year.  We kept it simple and didn't invite anyone over to join us.  It was just us and it was really nice.  I started cooking around 8am and didn't really stop until it was time to eat.  We were going to wait to eat until around 4pm but I decided it would be easier to eat earlier that way I didn't have to worry about making lunch for everyone on top of preparing our Thanksgiving meal.  It worked out perfectly because we got to eat a late lunch and then have leftovers for dinner.  Well I didn't have anything for dinner because I ate too much with my first helping.  But Trey dug in for seconds, and thirds!  The turkey I made this year was delicious.  It was falling off the bone!  I would post a picture but it's ugly because Trey started picking at the turkey before I could grab my camera!  To go along with the turkey I made gravy, stuffing, homemade mac & cheese, mashed potatoes, rolls, pumpkin pie, and my moms yummy strawberry shortcake dessert!  It was a wonderfully tasty meal!  

I had dressed the girls both in skirts so that I could take a nice picture of the two of them on Thanksgiving.  However, now that Riley wears underwear she doesn't like to keep her clothes on while in the house!  So I have a shot of Hadley in her cute little Thanksgiving outfit.  But Riley is in her panties playing with Hadley's birthday present, a cute tea set,  that she received from Aunt Leslie & Uncle Tim.  Thanks Aunt Leslie & Uncle Tim for thinking of Hadley!  We greatly appreciate your kindness!

I am so thankful for my wonderful husband and beautiful children!  They make my life complete!  I am thankful for the healthy growing baby in my belly!  I am thankful for all of my family that I can't celebrate with today.  But please know that I'm thinking of all of you and love you all very much!  

1 comment:

Terry said...

Your meal sounded delish. Quiet meals with those you love can't be beat. Love you.