Friday, November 19, 2010

Prenatal Visit

I had my second prenatal appointment this morning.  I don't know if I mentioned this when I blogged about my first appointment, but I was told that I should only gain 15 pounds during this pregnancy.  I still had about 15 pounds to lose from having Hadley so the doc informed me that a 15 pound weight gain would be healthy for this pregnancy.  I chuckled a little because I gained 40 with Riley and 50 with Hadley.  It's not like I ate everything in sight either, I don't know why I gained so much with the girls.  So I've been very careful with what I'm eating and when I'm eating and just trying to not gain too much weight.  The doctor came into my room and started questioning me about how I've been eating.  She was concerned because I've lost 4 lbs.  I laughed and told her that I'm only allowed to gain 15 so what's the problem?!?  She explained that she wasn't trying to scare me into not eating and that I could gain up to 25 lbs.  I assured her that I'm eating plenty.  I have been pregnant twice before so I know that I need to feed my growing baby.  Perhaps my weight loss is coming from chasing after my 2.5 yr old and my now walking 1 yr old.  I explained how many times a day I eat and what I eat and that I really don't know how I'm losing weight.  I go back in 3 weeks and she wants me to gain 4 lbs.  Perhaps my Thanksgiving meal could help with that!  I had the girls with me during this appointment so Riley got to hear the baby's heartbeat and was really excited.  The baby still has a nice strong heartbeat which was at 160 bpm.  I always love to hear the heartbeat.

2 comments:

Sara said...

forget about numbers. As long as you are healthy you will be fine. Whatever you gain you gain. I can't believe the doc is even talking about it. YOu've done this twice before and had two healthy pregnancies. Seriously?

Terry said...

What an exciting time, hearing little Terry's heartbeat must be magical. I love you.
XOXO