Sunday, November 21, 2010

Happy Birthday Hadley!!!

I can hardly believe that a year has passed since Hadley was born.  I remember the day like it was yesterday!  I have learned over and over again this past year that no two babies are the same.  Hadley has been such a challenge.  She is so particular in what she wants and how she wants it.  Trust me, she lets you know when you're wrong and when you get it right!  Hadley has taught me to have patience that I didn't know existed.  She has such an infectious laugh.  When she starts her giggling you can't help but laugh right with her.  Hadley is a cuddly little bear that I could just squeeze and kiss all day.  She also has a set of lungs on her that could seriously make you go deaf!  With every different aspect of her, I love her more and more everyday and I am so glad she came into my life!


We didn't make Hadley, or should I say Riley, wait to open her birthday presents.  We opened them right after we finished with breakfast.  I think Hadley was a bit overwhelmed with all of the presents.  She wasn't quite sure if she should play with a toy or open another present.  Hadley didn't do much of the unwrapping, Riley took care of that for her!  Then Hadley just became obsessed with the wrapping paper and didn't care too much what was underneath!  She was completely spoiled by all of the family and friends who sent her birthday gifts.  We appreciate every one's thoughtfulness!!



After dinner we sang Happy Birthday.  Riley had been anxiously awaiting the birthday cake all day long!  Riley actually helped me bake the cake for Hadley.  The cake is suppose to be a flower.  We all know I'm so not creative, so that's the best I could do!  The flower petals were suppose to be yellow but I couldn't find the food coloring I needed, so I just put some sprinkles on top of the cupcakes.  Hadley wasn't too thrilled with us singing to her, but she was excited to bite into some cake!


 Can you tell that both of my girls enjoy a nice treat?

HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY HADLEY!!!

2 comments:

Sara said...

Beautiful sisters sharing the birthday celebration! I love how big sister helped. Hadley is adorable eating her cake.

Terry said...

It never ceases to amaze me how children grow so quickly. Luckily that stops for adults around age 35.
XOXO