Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Miss Independent


Riley is definitely miss do it herself. She doesn't want any one's help for anything. I think it's a great thing because she is learning how to do things for herself. Here are the updates on what Riley is doing on her own:
*putting on her shoes(which she gets frustrated about sometimes when she has them on the wrong feet)
*unloading the dishwasher(while I put the dishes away)
*putting her dirty dishes into the dishwasher
*choosing her outfit for the day(she won't wear anything that she doesn't take out of her drawers)
*brushing her hair
*taking her diaper off(not always a good thing)
*putting her pants on
*climbing into the car
*washing her hands
*climbing in & out of the bathtub
That's just a short list of things that I can think of at the present moment. I am so proud of her. Of course there are times that I miss having to lift her up to put her in the bathtub. She throws a fit now when I try to put her in the bathtub because she can do it on her own. I still think of her as my baby, but she's growing into a "big girl." Oh, I forgot to mention how she can unlock the sliding glass door and go outside by herself. NOT a good thing! I've caught her a few times outside. The only good thing about that is she put her shoes on before going outside. On Monday we were outside all day long. Riley didn't even take a nap because she was playing so nicely. Towards the end of the day Riley took it upon herself to walk down to the playground by herself! Trey looks down the hill and tells me to look at our daughter. I thought she was in the pool playing. I can't turn my back for a minute! She was no longer in the pool, she was walking down to the park with not a care in the world. The only good thing is that we can see the playground from our house. My, oh, my do I have my hands full!
The picture I have posted of Riley was from her wanting to wear a headband because Hadley was wearing a headband. I was thinking to myself, "oh, Riley wants to be girly today!" Well as you can see the headband was just a toy for Riley. She decided it was more fun to blindfold herself and walk around running into things rather than wear it on her head! Got to love her!

1 comment:

Terry said...

Oh! That's a headband, I thought it was a garter. Too Cute!!!