Monday, September 21, 2009

Air Show

Trey, Riley, and I joined our neighbors for the Air Show at Hickam Air Force Base. We got to see the Thunderbirds put on their air show. I was thinking they would be awesome like the Blue Angels. So for a little bit, I felt like I was in good ol' Annapolis. However, I quickly realized I wasn't! It was a blast to watch the Thunderbirds perform and see how much talent they have. But they didn't come close to the Blue Angels! Go Navy! Riley said a new word while watching the Thunderbirds, "loud!" It was funny because every time they flew over our heads Riley would yell "loud!"
I'm pretty sure that it was the hottest day of the summer and the black ground didn't help much! Of all days not to have much trade wind, today was not the day! All the people there realized the only place to cool off was under the all the airplane displays. The wings of the planes were providing much needed shade.

It was a fun afternoon, but I couldn't wait to get into some nice cold a/c! You can just look at Riley's rosy cheeks and see how hot it was!

No comments: