Sunday, September 6, 2009

28 Weeks

Please excuse the blurry picture. I wanted to show everyone my belly at 28 weeks, but apparently I'm not the best at holding the camera steady! And trying to get Trey to take a picture is like pulling teeth. So just pretend you've had a bit to drink and the picture will become clearer!!

I had my 28 week check-up on Thursday. Everything appears to be great with baby girl #2. Her heart rate is still strong at about 142 bpm and she's moving all over my belly. I think my favorite part of pregnancy is watching my belly move. Everything appears to be ok with me too. My blood pressure and heart rate are normal and I've gained 23lbs. The doctor did say that I'm on track with the weight gain but he doesn't want me to gain more than 30-35lbs. Hopefully I won't, but I did gain 45lbs with Riley. I guess I could stop eating ice cream nightly, but that's my guilty pleasure! I had to get my glucose screening done at this appointment as well. I got to drink the nasty orange drink and finish it in 5 minutes, then wait an hour for them to take my blood. I have a huge bruise on my arm from their first attempt of taking my blood. My veins are the worst. Then afterwards I had to go to Tripler Hospital to get my Rhogam shot in my booty. The nurse kindly said the needle was going in my right hip, but I definitely got the shot in my right butt cheek! I have a nice bruise there as well. I forgot how much that needle burns. There is my update on baby girl #2!! I can rest easy knowing that we are both healthy!

3 comments:

eliza kate said...

Damn friend... you are ALL belly!
YOU LOOK GREAT. XOXO

The Gunning Family said...

Hey,

Are you RH negative? Is that why you have to have the rogham shot? Ryan is too - which is why I am wondering. And, by the way, you look beautiful! Love you ...

Rachel said...

Yes Aunt Donna, I'm Rh negative so I have to get the rhogam shot anytime I'm having a baby! And thanks for the compliment!!!