Sunday, August 9, 2009

First Time in Years

Trey and I have become friends with a couple of our new neighbors. They both go to the same Christian church. We always see them every Sunday coming home from church service as we are normally outside playing with Riley. Yes, we are that unholy family that doesn't attend Sunday service. It's not that Trey and I don't believe in God, it's that we aren't motivated to get moving on Sunday mornings to get our butts to church.

Well Trey happened to ask one of our neighbors where they go to church. This in turn got us an invitation to go with them. I almost died when Trey told me we were going to church with the neighbors. I tried to inform Trey that Christian services aren't anywhere close to the Catholic services we are used to. So we put on our Sunday best and off to the service we went, only to find everyone in jeans and shorts and flip flops! It was very different, to say it nicely, than anything I have ever experienced. I'm used to being in a church, but we were in a school auditorium for this service. There was lots of singing and clapping and standing. Trey was definitely out of rhythm with his clapping. His excuse was that he is a "white boy." Most people had their bibles to reference what the pastor was saying. Trey and I don't own a bible. Actually I do have a bible, but I think it's at my moms house.

Needless to say, it was quite an experience. Honestly, I did feel better about myself after the hour and a half service that we attended. I definitely think we need to start going to church every Sunday. But my vote is to go to a Catholic church. I think I need to stick with my religious background that I know.

1 comment:

Terry said...

Great Blog. The Christian services vary depending on the sect. Stay far away from tent revivals and snake pits. Love Ya,
P.S. Where were the photos? hahaha