Sunday, August 16, 2009

Block Party

Saturday was a really fun day for us. We had a cookout with a few of our neighbors. Everyone brought stuff so that there was a nice selection of yummy food to eat!! Trey, Darrell and Scott grilled up some burgers, hot dogs, chicken, and ribs. Like I said, there was a yummy selection of food!! All the kids played in the pool and drove around their power wheels. Meanwhile the ladies just chatted it up under the tent and in the shade! The summer sun was HOT!!
Towards the end of the evening one of our neighbors dogs got out
of it's backyard. The next thing you know Riley is pinned up against a fence while the damn Pomeranian was scratching at her. I heard her scream and ran as fast as I could over to her. I've never wanted to hit a dog, but I wanted to at that very moment. No worries, I didn't! Abbie, my neighbor, went to tell the neighbors that their dog got out and attacked one of the kids. The neighbor came out and I told her that Riley was okay, but she had scratches all over her legs from her dog. The lady kindly informed me that if the dog didn't like her she would have bit Riley and that when the dog is scratching she wants to be picked up! Well thank you, that makes me feel much better! I'm sorry my 15 month old doesn't know to pick up a dog when it's clawing at her! I told her she needs to keep her dog in the yard or on a leash. All in all it was a really fun day spent outside enjoying good food and good company. Can't wait to do it again!

1 comment:

Terry said...

Ruff day for Riley. Poms are not dogs, they are oversized hamsters.
XOXO,