Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Art in the Park

This morning Riley and I joined some of our baby hui friends at Art in the Park. I wasn't really sure how well Riley was going to do because it was scheduled at the same time as her morning nap. However, Riley managed to be a good girl for a couple of hours. Above is a picture of Riley's first experience touching play dough. I don't think she was the fondest at first, but she got used to it pretty quickly! Below you can see Riley picking out what shape she was going to use next on the play dough.
Forget the art, Riley found all sorts of balls. She literally played with the balls for about an hour. I'm thinking we have an athlete on our hands...not so much the artist. Or maybe I just don't do enough art activities with her.

After I got Riley away from playing with all the balls I got her interest in the painting. Perhaps we do have a budding artist! Riley loved standing at the easel and painting with all the different colors. She wouldn't let me put the smock on her. Of course I don't blame her, it was so hot and humid I thought I was going to melt. It was fun to watch Riley paint her first picture. This masterpiece is now hanging on the fridge!

I'm thinking maybe for Christmas we'll get Riley her own easel and paints so she can make everyone pretty pictures and explore her artistic side a little bit more! We had a fun morning and as soon as we got home Riley passed out. She's sleeping as I type. Perhaps I should join her!!


1 comment:

Terry said...

Some artistic people, can play sports too!!
I think Riley is one of those that can do it all, like Aunt Terry.
Lucky you.
XOXOXO,