Monday, February 2, 2009

Practice Makes Perfect

It was just a week ago that Riley took her first steps. The farthest she would walk was about 5 steps. Then for a couple of days she wanted nothing to do with walking. Even if I would hold her hands she would just drop to her knees and crawl. A couple of days ago I was letting Riley play with my Coach clutch. She's such a girl when it comes to playing with her mommy's stuff. As she was holding my clutch she would walk about 10 or 15 steps. But if she didn't have the clutch in her hand she wouldn't walk. I think it was a balancing issue with her. She felt more comfortable walking with something in her hands. Today, Riley was walking all over the place. It was ignited by Trey chasing her and then her running to get her mommy! It's so special to watch Riley and see how much she's grown. I'm in complete amazement at how well Riley is getting around now. I tried my best to capture some action shots. Riley kept chasing me to get the camera!!









Riley also does a great job at regaining her balance when she gets a little wobbly!!

2 comments:

Terry said...

Hey Rachel,
She walks better with something in her hand, sounds like a professional shopper is in your future. Riley is absolutely precious.
XOXO,
Terry

Sara said...

Rachel, those are awesome pictures. I just want to snuggle her up. She looks like such a big girl walking. I can't believe it. Love you all!