Thursday, November 27, 2008

Gobble, Gobble

As many of you know this was my first Thanksgiving that I was in charge of making the turkey. I wouldn't have felt so much pressure if I was only cooking for Trey and myself, but there were two other couples coming over. My mom was gracious enough to email directions on how to thaw and cook the turkey. I still called her probably three times while preparing the turkey just to be on the safe side. My turkey came out marvelous and delicious! Aside from the turkey I also made stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy and rolls. Our friends brought green bean casserole, lumpia, and apple pie. Monica also made an appetizer of spinach dip. Trey was the only person who liked spinach dip and managed to eat all of it by himself. Needless to say when it came time to eat he was already full and could barely finish his plate.


After dinner we all sat outside to enjoy the beautiful evening. Trey decided he was going to entertain us by putting on his roller blades and skating around for us. I guess he was trying to work off that spinach dip to make room for more turkey. It had been a long time since Trey put those skates on. As he was coming down our road he went to stop and almost landed on his face. I can't remember the last time I laughed that hard! It was great entertainment!

It was definitely a challenge keeping up with Riley and trying to cook Thanksgiving dinner. She managed to stay out of trouble though. I just had to give her bowls and spoons to play with to keep her occupied. Trey helped out in the early morning by getting the house cleaned up. By the time everyone left my kitchen was a disaster area. I got most of it cleaned up that night and then finished the rest in the morning. I was worn out after the day was complete. I missed being at Aunt Leslie's and Uncle Tim's with everyone, but all in all we had a nice Thanksgiving. And I accomplished cooking my first holiday meal! Yeah for me! I hope everyone enjoyed their day!


1 comment:

The Gunning Family said...

Way to go Rachel! I am so proud ... will you be doing something different for Christmas?

Love, Aunt Donna