Saturday, June 2, 2012

Pampered

I remember when I was single and I'd go get my manicure and pedicure every two weeks, and my hair done on a monthly basis.  Ha!  Now, being married with three little kids doesn't exactly allow for that type of pampering.  I definitely didn't appreciate those things back then like I do now.  These days I get my hair cut every 4 months and a pedicure every 6 months.  They just aren't on my priority list anymore.  Perhaps they should be!  

I am extremely grateful to Madeleine for treating me to a haircut and color!  My grey hair was coming out in full force.  I hated it!  There were too many grey hairs for me to just pull out.  I'd start pulling and get tired of that after about the fifth one.  I went to a new stylist and a whole new salon.  My old stylist wasn't really meeting my expectations anymore, other than giving the best head massage during my shampoo.  He just wasn't cutting my hair like I wanted.  I feel like he was too comfortable with me and would just do what he wanted my hair to look like.  Anyway, I asked my friend Sara who she went to and made an appointment with her stylist at a different salon.  I was a bit nervous to try someone new, but figured what do I have to lose.  Plus, my friends hair looked good, so this new girl I'm trying couldn't really be bad.  

I started chatting with Missy, the hair stylist, and found out that she's from Missouri, like Trey.  She actually lives in South County like his mom, Madeleine.  What a small world!  I told her exactly what I wanted with my hair and she did an absolutely amazing job.  My hair was a hot mess before she cut it and I couldn't have been happier with the results.  I didn't have it colored the same day.  Madeleine made sure I went back to have it colored before she left, so the color got done a couple of days after the cut.  I couldn't decide if I wanted to do highlights and really had no idea what color I'd want to highlight my hair.  Therefore, I just went with an all over color job to get rid of my old lady grey hair.  I feel so refreshed and rejuvenated after my cut and color.  Those grey hairs were really bothering me!

On top of getting my hair cut and colored, I also got a manicure and pedicure, courtesy of Madeleine.  Ahhh, time away from the house, all by myself, to pamper myself.  It was very pleasant.  My pedicure was awesome too.  The place wasn't busy, so they took their time and I got the best leg and foot massage.  I almost fell asleep in the chair.  It was so nice to have some time to myself, for myself.  Thank you, Madeleine!!

No comments: