Friday, June 22, 2012

Friday Full of Fun

The girls had been waiting a long time for today.  We took them to the movies to see Brave.  They were so excited.  Taking three kids to the movies is quite an event though.  Riley, of course, is no problem.  She's definitely old enough now.  Hadley is good through the movie, but she's still too light for her seat to stay down.  She still wants to sit by herself, so I have to hold her chair down with my leg.  Then there is Emrey.  This child wouldn't sit still unless she was eating some Reeses pieces.  And I would only give her so many of those.  Po was kind enough to walk out with Emrey and miss the last 10 minutes of the movie.  My mom had walked out with her for a bit, but he didn't want her to miss the ending(where of course she cried!).  It was a great movie and the girls really enjoyed it.  Hadley got home and wanted to reenact the bear fight.  

My mom and I took the girls to the 50th State fair later in the evening.  Riley and Hadley were jumping out of their skin with excitement.  They rode the carousel a few times, and went on a ton of other rides. Riley went down the ginormous slide all by herself a couple of times.  It's the slide where you sit in a potato sack and practically fly down!  She loved it!  We rode in a dragon that you make spin around, kind of like the tilt a whirl.  I think I made the girls super dizzy, but I was having fun!  The last ride they went on was a roller coaster.  My mom went on with Hadley and Riley rode in a cart by herself.  I thought Hadley was going to be scared but my mom said she had a blast.  Riley wanted to stay longer, but there was a major storm coming in and it started to rain on us.  It was time to head home.  We all had another fun time.  The girls were pretty sad to leave, but happy that Kiki bought them each a bubble gun!

No comments: