Sunday, June 3, 2012

Decorating


Madeleine had been talking to Riley about getting her a nightstand and lamp for her room.  I said she didn't really need one right now, but Madeleine insisted so that Riley could feel more like a little girl.  I surely hope she wasn't feeling like a little boy before!  Ha ha!  We went to Target to see what we could find.  Riley found a lamp and had to have that lamp.  Madeleine and I told her that we needed to find a night stand to put it on first.  We looked and looked and found a night stand we liked, and Riley liked.  Of course they were out, didn't have any in stock there or at the other Target, and weren't due to receive any in the next month.  Lovely.  So we picked up some other things we needed and went to check out.  On our way to check out Riley said, "what about my lamp.  I NEED that lamp."  We left the store with the chosen lamp that Riley so desperately needed.  I told her she couldn't have it in her room until we found a nightstand.  

The next morning Riley asked, "are we going to find me a nightstand today?"  There is no getting past this four year old!  So we loaded the girls up and headed to Pier 1 Imports.  It had been forever since I'd been in one of those stores.  Good golly, I could've bought the entire store.  I literally wanted one of everything.  Madeleine was in the Tahoe with Hadley because she was sleeping, so Riley, Emrey and I walked around looking at their night stands.  Riley found one that she liked, and I did as well, but I told her to keep looking to make sure that's the one she wanted.  Riley looked, and looked, and looked, but was certain she wanted the first one she picked out.  So we walked out to the car and this time I stayed in the car with Hadley and Emrey while Riley took her Nanny back into the store to buy the night stand she had chosen.  It really is a pretty night stand and once we put it together we were all pleased with how wonderful it looked in her room with her bedroom furniture.  And Riley's lamp made it just perfect  because her room appears pink when it's turned on.  Riley now calls it the "pink room."  A big thank you to Nanny for sprucing up Riley's bedroom!

While Madeleine was buying the night stand for Riley, she saw a crocodile stuffed animal and picked it up for Hadley.  After our zoo trip Hadley hadn't stopped talking about crocodiles.  She's a bit obsessed!  That crocodile is now glued to Hadley's hip!!

After our Pier 1 shopping, we headed into Waikiki to grab some lunch.  It was a beautiful day and we all enjoyed the nice walk through the hustle and bustle of Waikiki.  We ate at Hard Rock Cafe, mainly because Riley was really thirsty and wasn't going to make it much further!  It was my first time at this one and I really liked the atmosphere.  The restaurant was upstairs and completely open to the outside.  There was the most wonderful breeze blowing through, which felt marvelous.  Emrey was hopping and bopping to every song that was playing.  I think she was enjoying herself!  I tried to get some pictures of her dancing, but most of them were really blurry from her dancing and moving so much.  I thought this one was cute though!

No comments: