Thursday, March 24, 2011

Measuring Large

After our fun filled four day moving event I had a doctors appointment on Monday to get my test results from my three hour glucose screening.  As of Monday I was 30 weeks and 2 days pregnant.  We are getting closer to meeting our new little girl!  My glucose screening came back normal, thank God!  I didn't want to have to do that test again, nor did I want to go on a diabetes diet.  So I was completely relieved to hear that good news.  Then the doctor measured my belly, as she does every time to make sure the baby is growing on track.  Except this time she measured me three times and then told me that I was measuring at 33 weeks, not 30 weeks.  That's never happened during my previous pregnancies so I really didn't know what to expect.  I had to go get a growth scan(which is basically an ultrasound) done to make sure my fluid levels were on track and that everything was good with our baby girl.  I was excited to see our new bundle again!  It turns out that everything was perfect with my fluid levels and everything was perfect with our baby girl.  She is weighing about 4 pounds right now and I was told that's the 60th percentile for weight.  I could possibly be measuring larger than 30 weeks because my stomach muscles aren't as strong as they once were.  That's no surprise to me, I am having all three kids only 18 months apart from each other!  Of course now I'm wondering how early I'm going to be, because I know this little munchkin isn't going to last 40 weeks in my belly!!  


1 comment:

Terry said...

I can't believe how much she looks like you.

XOXO,