Wednesday, March 9, 2011

28 Weeks- Baby Girl #3

I haven't done a very good job with blogging about my third(and final) pregnancy.  I went on Monday for my 28 week check-up.  I have gained 21 pounds which only leaves me 4 more pounds to gain in the next 12 weeks.  Honestly, I'm not worried about going over the 4 pounds because I gained 40lbs with Riley and 50lbs with Hadley.  Now, I'm not trying to gain that much, but I don't see putting a restriction on my weight gain when my two previous pregnancies resulted in two healthy baby girls.  The nurse practitioner that I've been seeing was out sick so I saw a different doctor.  He was really nice and new to the hospital.  Baby girl #3 had a strong heartbeat at 150bpm.  Then I was informed that I failed the glucose screening I had taken the week before.  This test is done during every pregnancy to test for gestational diabetes.  I have never failed the test before and I'm not too worried about it.  I blame myself for failing because I drank a carnation instant breakfast drink right before my test.  That probably wasn't the smartest decision I've ever made.  Now I have to go next week for a second glucose screening which is a three hour test.  They are going to draw my blood, then I have to drink the nasty glucose drink, then I will have my blood drawn once an hour for the next three hours.  I know you are jealous of me right now!  The worst part is that I have to fast for 8 hours prior to the test and can't eat or drink anything during the three hours of testing.  I mean, come on, I'm pregnant and thirsty all of the time.  I'm not concerned about the results of the test, but I am concerned about my poor veins.  Hopefully I won't leave the test feeling like a pin cushion.  This pregnancy I haven't been asked if I'm having twins, which I experienced all of the time with Riley and Hadley.  However, complete strangers ask me if I'm getting my boy and when I tell them no they reply "oh you must be disappointed" or "you can always try again."  I'm not disappointed at all and I'm not trying again.  I'm completely thankful for another healthy baby girl.

Trey and I have chosen a name.  It took us awhile to decide and I'm choosing not to announce the name. The name will be announced once our little girl arrives.  I will say that just like her two big sisters, she will have a middle name that comes from one of our families.  Here are a couple of belly shots so you can see what I'm carrying around with me these days!!

3 comments:

Terry said...

You look FANTABULOUS!!! ...and Theresa as a middle name is okay too!!
XOX0

Sara said...

cute! You are all belly. It's seriously like you put a ball under your shirt. People said the same stuff to me. You just tell them to come check it out in 12 weeks! That's when the real crazy big belly is there!

Elyse said...

You look great Rachel! I don't envy you being pregnant in that Hawaii heat. Hope you get some time to relax before the craziness of three kids sets in. :)