Thursday, March 24, 2011

Four Doors Down

Here is a shot of our new home for the next three years!  This is our third house here in Hawaii.  Every year we've been here so far we've had to upgrade homes due to the increase in our family size.  The good new is that we won't be moving again because three children is enough for us!

We moved into our new home on March 17th.  We only had to relocate four houses down from where we were living.  Trey kept telling me that it would be easy and we'd just walk everything down one room at a time.  I thought he was out of his mind.  Just because we are moving so close doesn't make getting all of our belongings there easy.  From the second I heard we had a house and a date to move I asked Trey to get me boxes so that I could start packing.  Trey assured me that I didn't need to pack because we were only moving "four houses down!"  I just rolled my eyes and let him go with his plan.  Then as our move was only two days away and Trey was on leave I asked if we could get boxes so that I could start packing the kitchen items and bedroom closets.  I was told once again that we didn't need boxes!  Needless to say the day of the move we were at the U-Haul store buying boxes, tape, and renting a trailer.  After a few trips back and forth between the houses, Trey realized that we were going to need to box up our belongings.  I was slightly annoyed because I would've had everything packed and ready to go.  So once I had my boxes I started in the kids playroom.  We figured we'd get all their toys over to the new house and keep them occupied while we tried to get the old house packed up.  I got the kitchen and pantry all packed up and was then completely exhausted.  We took a lunch break, put Hadley down for a nap, and then I started unpacking the boxes I had packed into our new house.  Day 1 of moving was exhausting.  Trey managed to move the majority of his garage, the kitchen table. all of the tv's, and all of our beds to the new house.  We were both beat by dinner time and called it a day.

Then Friday rolled around and the moving process started all over.  I had to pack more boxes.  Trey had his friend Mike come and help move the couches and dressers and any other super heavy items.  They didn't really get started until after lunchtime.  I had to stop my packing process because I needed to keep the girls out of the way with all the heavy furniture moving.  Originally we planned on being done our move by the end of Friday so that we would have Saturday and Sunday to clean the old place so that we would pass our inspection for Monday morning.  With being so unprepared for this move we were behind track.  I don't think Trey or I realized how much stuff we had in that house.  I mean it was just never ending.  Thank the Lord that Madeleine(Trey's mom) offered to help us pay to have our old house cleaned.  The check list to clean the house was terribly long and if we missed one measly thing we would be charged $285.  So instead of us trying to get it done, Madeleine offered to help pay for the cleaning that way we didn't have to worry about it.  All Trey had to do was steam clean the carpets.  We didn't get everything out of the house and finish the carpets until Sunday afternoon.  It took us four days to move four doors down.  We are so grateful to Madeleine for helping us out with the cleaning!  There is no way I would have been able to clean like we were expected to.  I mean I was 30 weeks pregnant and lifting and carrying much more than I should have.

We are now pretty much settled into our new home and liking it a lot.  It's definitely bigger than our old house.  I'm going to have to get a new monitor for the new baby because the hallway upstairs is so long I can't hear Hadley wake up in the morning like I use to be able to do.  So she has to have a monitor in her room or else Riley will keep coming in my room to tell me that Hadley is awake!  I'm getting use to less kitchen cabinet and counter space, but the new carpets throughout the house make up for that!  I'm just grateful this move is over and the next one we have will be taken care of by the Navy!

No comments: