Saturday, January 3, 2009

Happy 2009!

I can't believe another year has come and gone. It's always amazing when the new year comes I am always wondering where the last year went. I must say that this past year was full of excitement for me. I gave birth to my beautiful baby girl, moved to Hawaii, became a godmother to my sweet niece! And unfortunately celebrated my first Christmas away from my family in MD. But I realized it was alright because I had a wonderful time with my husband and daughter. It was rather relaxing not having to rush everywhere, even though I did miss everyone terribly!
New Years Eve was crazy here in Honolulu. We went out to dinner with Brian and his son Ethan. It was about 6:30pm and the fireworks were already illuminating the sky. When we were leaving to go home we stood out in the parking lot and watched the fireworks for a few minutes. The loud booms didn't scare Riley at all. She just stared in amazement at all the bright lights in the sky. After dinner I put Riley to bed and Trey and I hit the sack too. I tried to wake Trey up at midnight to wish him a Happy New Year, but he was out. Wow, we are a really exciting aren't we! You know you're getting older when you have to set your alarm for midnight to ring in the new year, and then you can't even wake your husband up! Oh well...there's always next year!
I have to announce that our little girl is now standing all by herself. It started on Christmas Eve, but she could only hold herself up for about 10 seconds. Now she's standing up for extended periods of time, sometimes playing with a toy in her hand. Trey and I were thrilled out of our minds when we saw Riley standing by herself. We weren't even trying to get her to stand, she did it all on her own! Riley also has her second tooth now! So she has both of her bottom front teeth. I'm not sure what tooth comes next, but I bought the teething tablets which has definitely made the teething life much easier!
I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday!! We wish everyone the best for the new year!

3 comments:

The Gunning Family said...

Hey Rachel -

We missed you guys, too! Hope all is well - how is Riley doing at night - back to sleeping? Hugs and kisses,

Aunt Donna

Rachel said...

Aloha Aunt Donna!

Yes, Riley is sleeping like a little angel through the night! Praise the Lord!

Miss you,
Rachel

Terry said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

XOXO, Terry