Sunday, January 25, 2009

First Steps!!!

Yes, you read the title correctly. Riley took her first steps tonight. Trey and I were absolutely thrilled out of our minds. I was on the computer checking my email and Trey was on the floor playing with Riley. All of the sudden Trey yells in excitement that Riley had just taken 2 steps. I didn't believe him. So I turned to watch Riley and Trey waved the remote control in front of her and she took another 5 steps before she fell on her bum. It was such a proud moment for us. Hopefully I'll be able to snap some pictures of her walking soon. But right now she's only taking a couple of steps so it's hard to catch the moment on camera. I just thought I'd share this wonderful news with you all! Our daughter is only 9 months old and getting her walk on!!! Yeah!!!

2 comments:

The Gunning Family said...

Yeah Riley! Way to go girl - can't wait to see photos!

Sara said...

Congrats to Riley! She's going to be a pro walker soon. Watch out for the climbing next! Love, Sara