Saturday, December 27, 2008

Riley's First Christmas

Mele Kalikimaka!! As you all know this was Riley's first Christmas. I think it's safe to say that Trey and I were more excited than Riley since she didn't really know that the day was any different than any other day! It was rather amusing to watch Riley react to the gifts. She definitely wasn't sure what to do with the presents. I would tear the wrapping paper some so that Riley would then join in the fun of ripping the paper, but she didn't seem to want to join in. After a few gifts she sort of got the hang of tearing the wrapping paper. Riley would only tear the paper a little and then I was left to unwrap the rest of the gift.
Riley was spoiled by all of her grandparents and her Uncle Justin and Aunt Sara. She got tons of great gifts. I'd say her favorite toys were from her Uncle Justin and Aunt Sara. Riley absolutely is in love with her Fisher Price activity table and her squeaky giraffe and chicken! She also likes her Elmo/Cookie Monster vibrating ball from her Great Aunt Leslie and Great Uncle Tim. Riley giggles every time it vibrates and bounces around. Riley is also fond of all the books she received! She loved everything! A huge thank you to Kiki, Po, Poppy, Grandma Kathy, Uncle Justin, Aunt Sara, Grandpa Prewitt, Great Grandpa Prewitt, Nana, Mimi, Aunt Leslie and Uncle Tim. Even though we weren't able to celebrate Christmas with you in person, you were all apart of making Riley's Christmas a special one and you were in our thoughts throughout the day!




After opening all of our gifts I started baking a couple of dishes to take over to our friends house. Since we weren't able to be with family we enjoyed a nice dinner with our friends Brian and Heather. They cooked the majority of the meal and I made stuffing, home made macaroni and cheese, and rolls. I had it easy compared to my Thanksgiving meal I made! It was a nice dinner but was definitely not the same as being at Aunt Leslie's house with my family.
After dinner we enjoyed the beautiful evening sitting outside on their swing lounge chair. It was a nice breezy evening about 75 degrees. As I was sitting on the swing with Riley we got to look at a beautiful rainbow. I tried to take a picture for you all so that you could enjoy a little taste of Christmas in Hawaii. All in all it was a great day. I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! We love and miss you all!!



Riley(8 months) and Ethan(6 months)...1st Christmas for both babies!!

Riley is looking a little possessed in this shot, but you don't get to see many of me and my baby girl!!

Pretty Christmas rainbow!

2 comments:

Sara said...

Merry Christmas! I'm so glad Riley's first Christmas was a good one. Here's to many more fantastic Christmases to come for all of our girls. Love, Sara

Terry said...

Merry Christmas.
Riley looks darling in her Christmas dress. That's a great photo of you and your baby girl.
Love and Kisse to all,
Terry