Wednesday, December 17, 2008

My Apologies

My deepest apologies to everyone for slacking on my blog. I was having issues with our computer and then when I went to post a blog and take pictures of Riley my memory card was missing. I found that today so I am finally able to get some new pictures up for you all. I honestly feel guilty for not posting the past couple of weeks because I've heard crap from all of my family. Justin was nice enough to rub in my face that Sara does a good job keeping their page updated. I'm not perfect, I know that's hard for you all to believe!!
Anyway...onto stories and updates. A few weeks ago we took a trip to the SPCA and Trey fell in love with a black lab mixed puppy. And he just had to have him. I wasn't in agreement, but I try to please everyone and gave in. We got the puppy home and when he was around Trey he would just lay there. So to Trey he seemed like a good little puppy. Then Trey would leave and the puppy would go wild. He chewed on our dining room table, sofa, coffee table. Of course that's what puppies do, chew on everything. Riley didn't make things easy for me to look after the pup. She was scared to death of him and wouldn't let go of me whenever he was around. It was way too much for me to handle a 7 month old and a 3 month old puppy. So after 24 hours of having the puppy I packed him and Riley in the trailblazer and headed back to the SPCA. I felt horrible returning him, but he needed a home where he could get the attention he needed.
A couple of Saturdays ago, Trey, Riley and I went on a Toys for Tots cruise. All of the car clubs in Oahu joined together and drove to Kaneohe MCB to deliver toys. It was a beautiful day and really fun to watch the hundreds of cars participate and donate to such a wonderful cause. I know I felt like a better person after donating a toy. Riley is fortunate to have everything she needs, it's a great feeling to know we helped a child who isn't as fortunate.
The past week Riley has been battling a cold. Unfortunately there is no medicine we can give her to make her feel better. All I could do to help is load her up with Baby Vicks. ( I'm sure Mr. Kevin would appreciate that!) I have had many sleepless nights with her being sick. And it has been horrible! It's such a punishment for me because I'm use to my full 8 hours of sleep with no interruption. I am happy to report that the past 2 nights Riley has been sleeping through the night, knock on wood!


Riley got her first tooth 2 weeks ago. She's not quite sure what the new feeling in her mouth is though. She tends to bite on her finger and then cry because her tooth is sharp! She has been dancing lately whenever she hears music. It's the cutest thing in the world! Her little butt bounces up and down. Riley is super mobile crawling all over the place. She loves to crawl under our dining room table and then pull herself up on the chairs. Riley is quick too! It's hard to believe in a few days she'll be 8 months old.

We are in the middle of our rainy season so it's been really wet here. We don't have snow days, we have rain days. Trey actually had off work last week due to flooding. The North Shore got hit really hard with roads caving in and hundreds of homes flooding. I was relieved that we don't live super close to the water. That's pretty much all you've been missing out on. I promise I won't leave you all hanging for weeks at a time anymore!



2 comments:

The Gunning Family said...

Thank God you're back blogging - I was worried since we haven't heard from you! The Santa pix are adorable! We miss you and hope a wonderful Christmas. Lots of love,

Aunt Donna, etc.

Terry said...

Welcome Back.

Terry