Monday, February 7, 2011

Same Zip Code

Most of you know that after much deliberation Trey is staying in the Navy.  We thought for awhile that we would be leaving the military life because Trey's PTS was denied, but it wound up getting approved and I thought it was a sign from God that he was suppose to stay in.  So after finding out that Trey was staying in the Navy it was time for Trey to pick orders for his sea duty.  There were a ton of orders to Japan which we were seriously contemplating on putting in for.  Then I started thinking as much as I like adventure, I don't know how much I'd like an adventure in a foreign country with three children and my husband on deployment for 6 to 8 months at a time.  I started feeling very uneasy about moving to Japan.  Trey was in agreement with me and we decided that Japan wasn't the right move for us.  We both agreed that trying to get back to VA would be ideal because my family is only a 3.5 hour drive away.  And with Trey being gone on deployments it would be so nice to have family and friends near by.  But the Navy wasn't going to send a family of five in Hawaii all the way to VA when there are a bunch of open positions on the west coast.  So Trey selected orders for San Diego, Lemoore, and Washington state.  I was keeping my fingers crossed for the opening in Washington because the ship he would have been on was going to be relocating to VA in 2012.  I was excited thinking about moving closer to family and friends again.  Then I get a phone call from Trey last week telling me that he knows where we are going.  Of course my fingers are crossed for Washington.  Then Trey proceeds to tell me that we are staying in Hawaii.  I thought he was kidding me, but he wasn't!  I wasn't too excited when I first heard the news.  But then once I let it sink in I realized that I really couldn't be too upset about spending another three years in Hawaii.  We've got perfect weather year round, the girls get to experience the most beautiful beaches, and Trey makes enough money that I don't have to go back to work right now.  Plus since we are adding a new addition to our family we get to move into a four bedroom home.  Trey will be leaving for deployment in September and I'm already thinking how crappy it's going to be.  He's going to miss Hadley's second birthday, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years.  But that's all apart of being in the military!  So if you feel like celebrating the holidays in Hawaii please feel free to join me and the girls!  I've gotten pretty good a cooking a holiday meal and you'll have a free place to stay!  I'm excited to be staying here longer.  We now have more time to visit Maui and the Big Island which we haven't gotten to do because I kept getting pregnant!  But now we have three more years to discover the other islands!  And now, for all of you that haven't gotten your butts out here to visit us(and you know who you are), now is your chance!  

3 comments:

Sara said...

Maybe you could just spend the holidays in MD. We're going to be there too!

Rachel said...

I won't be flying across the country with 3 little ones alone! I wish I could be there for the holidays, but 3 plane tickets plus winter clothes for four females is a little too pricy for us! But I'm hoping our summer trip works out!

Sara said...

I wonder if all the grandparents might just pitch in as your Christmas gift! We can keep all our tropical babies in a really well heated house and have Turkey day with them all in their undies and socks (the way mine seem to be all the time now). Sounds like heaven to me!

Although I'm with you on not flying with them alone. No thank you. I'm trying to avoid that as well.