Tuesday, February 22, 2011

15 Months

I had to take Hadley in today for her 15 month well baby check-up.  She is now 30in long and weighs 21lbs 4oz.  She is in the 50th percentile for her height and weight.  She's my little nugget!  However, her doctor was concerned about her weight because she lost about a pound since her 12 month check-up.  I'm not concerned about her weight at all because she has become so active in the past few months whereas before she was constantly attached to my hip at all times!  But I got grilled by the doctor as to how much milk Hadley drinks, how much she eats, how many snacks I feed her.  I mean honestly, my children don't go hungry and Hadley eats like there is no tomorrow.  I was shocked that she had lost weight and even more shocked that the doctor was so concerned about the tiny weight loss.  I was instructed to give her Pediasure, but I don't feel like she needs it.  The doctor said she'll be curious to see what Hadley's weight is at her 18 month check-up.  If she loses more weight then perhaps I'll start giving her Pediasure.  Now that I was feeling like a bad mother because my child lost weight, I was happy to see how impressed the doctor was with Hadley's vocabulary level.  Some of Hadley's words are: mama, dada, gentle, bubble, baby, dog, bye bye, night night(which sounds like ni ni), belly, ball, block.  The list continues but I've drawn a blank!  Hadley can identify several body parts as well.  She impresses me everyday with how quickly she picks up on things.  After our visit with the doctor I had to take Hadley to get her immunizations, which she had to get three of.  I'm a little anxious at how she will react to the chicken pox vaccine since she didn't do so well with the MMR shot.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that her little body won't have a bad reaction.


After our fun time at the doctors we came home, had some lunch and then played outside.  The girls love to play outside.  Riley is always riding her scooter around and going "super fast" as she likes to say.  Hadley tries to get on Riley's scooter but Riley isn't fond of sharing her favorite toy.  Not to mention Hadley is too little to ride the scooter anyway!  So while Riley is riding her scooter Hadley is creating some fabulous artwork with sidewalk chalk.  The one issue with the chalk is that she likes to draw all over herself and me.  The chalk washes out of clothes easily, but there are times that I'd prefer not to have my clothes colored on.  Just one of the joys of children!  
I know Hadley's hair looks crazy!!
Here is an action shot of Riley on her scooter going "super fast!!"

No comments: