Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve

Today was a pretty busy day.  We just found out a couple of days ago that what Riley really wanted for Christmas was Donald Duck.  I don't know where this request came from, but how could we deny her a gift that she so desperately wants?  There is only one Disney store here so we loaded up the girls and headed to Ala Moana Center.  I walk into the Disney store only to find that they have every character except for Donald Duck.  Go figure!  So I find an associate and ask if they happen to have any Donald Duck's in the back room.  The associate tells me they have been out of him for months, but she'd double check.  They did have a big Donald Duck, but that wasn't what I was looking for.  I wanted the small version, not some giant stuffed animal.  The store associate came out of the back room with about 20 Donald Duck's in her arms.  Hallelujah!!  I picked up a Daisy Duck and Pluto while we were there too!  I know we will have one happy little girl tomorrow morning.  After the Disney store I hit up Godiva(which is the only Godiva on the island) to pick up the last 3 chocolate Santa's they had in stock.  Phew!  We headed home and made some lunch.  I laid Hadley down for her nap and then ran out to pick up a couple of movies for Trey from the girls.  One of his favorite Christmas movies is National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.  Can you believe that I asked 3 people to point me in the direction of the movie and they had never heard of it.  What?  It's a classic!  Oh well, onto the next store in search of the movie.  Luckily, Target came to the rescue and had the movie along with Marley & Me.  I was finally finished any and all gifts that I needed to get.  I thought I was done weeks ago, but then I forgot about the little things!  I was not having a good time running around today though.  Not because it was too crowded or anything, but the fact it was 87 degrees and humid as crap, made it miserable to be running around.  I was a hot, sweaty mess by the time I was finished.  

Trey had to go in to work this evening but was home after a couple of hours.  Riley was anticipating the arrival of Santa just a little too much.  I didn't get her to bed until 10pm.  And that was after I sat next to her bed and rubbed her head until she fell asleep.  Trey and I were trying to get all the gifts out and she kept getting out of bed and creeping down the stairs.  I was about to give her a shot of tequila!  Just kidding, I would never.  But I was exhausted and wanted to get to bed myself.  Once she was asleep, I finished putting all of the gifts under the tree and Trey put together all of the big stuff.  Here is a shot of what they girls will see in the morning.  The picture is missing Hadley's cozy coupe car and their radio flyer wagon, but you get the point!
'Twas the night before Christmas and all through the house, not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse!

2 comments:

Terry said...

What in the world is that big orange ball, do the girls get in it and roll? Does it come in adult sizes? Yipppeeee!!!!!!
XOXO

Rachel said...

It's an inflatable ball for Riley to get inside of and then we can roll her around. It's for outdoor use only, but Trey insisted on blowing it up in the house for Christmas morning. It was a big hit!