Friday, December 11, 2009

The Moms Were Here

As I'm sure most of you already know, my mom(aka Kiki) and Trey's mom(aka Nana) were both here for two weeks. My mom flew in the day before Hadley was born. And yes, my mom is certain that Hadley was waiting for her to get here. Trey's mom came in the day after Hadley was born. So when I got home from the hospital with Hadley we definitely had a full house! It was nice to have family here for Thanksgiving. My mom and Madeleine cooked Thanksgiving dinner. It was really nice to just be able to sit back and relax and not have to worry about anything going on in the kitchen. However, last year I did make a delicious turkey which I look forward to making again next year!



It was nice to have extra sets of hands around the house. Riley was entertained to the fullest. I can honestly say she's never gotten so much attention in her life! Having her Kiki and Nana here at the same time was probably heaven for Riley. Of course I'm having to deal with her cravings for constant attention now. Actually, it's not been too bad, but there have been moments. I'm thinking one grandma at a time in the future! I feel bad that we didn't take Kiki or Nana to the beaches. I know they didn't mind though, they were just enjoying their time with the family. We did manage to get them both to Haliewa and cruise through the North Shore where the surfing contests were taking place. It was crazy madness there, so we were only able to drive by. Literally, there was no parking! One thing I really miss is being able to take a shower whenever I want because I always had 2 babysitters! I have discovered now that I have to take my shower at night once the girls have both gone to sleep. But if that's my biggest problem then I'll take it!






I just want to take this time to thank my mom and Madeleine for coming to visit and help out with the girls. I'm sure that they are both missing Riley and Hadley like crazy. The girls miss you all too! We look forward to the next time you come visit...separately that is!! Ha ha!

1 comment:

Terry said...

You made your own little "Butterball" this year and named her Hadley.
XOXO,