Thursday, July 31, 2008

Strolling Through the Neighborhood



I normally take Riley for a walk on a daily basis. It's definitely no fun to be couped up in the house all day. I have a car, but I definitely don't know my way around this island yet and since I don't have navigation I don't really drive that much! The only places that I drive to are the commissary, the exchange, the mall, and the doctors. I guess I need to go exploring but I just don't feel like getting lost with Riley. So instead of driving around we just go on our lovely walks. Walking is my way of burning calories. However, some days I walk us to the Starbucks, so I'm just packing those calories right back onto my hips! Riley seems to enjoy the fresh air. The sun is definitely way too bright for her, so we make sure to wear a hat and keep her in the shade. By the time we get home Riley is normally passed out. We both love our walks!

No comments: