Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Mother's Day Weekend

I must say that I had a nice Mother's Day weekend.  Saturday I got to spend a couple of hours to myself and get my haircut.  I didn't want to wait until my mom got here because who knows how long I have before the new baby arrives.  So I figured what better weekend to get my haircut than this one!  A little well deserved pampering for myself!  Trey stayed home with the girls and got to have some daddy/daughter time.  A win-win situation all around!  When I got home from my haircut, Hadley was napping and Trey took Riley out for some Mother's day shopping.  Oh boy, more time to myself!  Trey, of course, gave me my gift a day early, but I can't say that I minded too much!  I knew it was a picture, but I wasn't sure of what.  I unwrapped the picture to find one of my favorite photos that I've seen since we've lived in Hawai'i.  I always see this picture in stores and I always compliment it.  It's nice to know Trey pays attention to me once in awhile!    The picture I took of it doesn't do it justice.  But it's beautiful and I'm excited to have it hanging in my dining room.  

All I asked for on Mother's Day was to not have to cook at all!  I don't think that's asking too much.  Not to mention our fridge was empty so it wasn't hard to accomplish either!  Trey provided Starbucks for breakfast, Subway for lunch and we all went out to Chili's for dinner.  Trey also put together the crib for our new little bundle.  I've been asking him to do that for a month, so that was a huge gift he gave me, especially since he hates putting together furniture.  I am very grateful!  Before we took the girls upstairs for bath time I asked Trey to take a picture of me and the girls.  Hadley just wanted to pinch her cheeks and Riley didn't want to look at the camera.  

After a few attempts we managed to get one with all of us looking at the camera.  
Thank you Trey, Riley and Hadley for making me feel special on Mother's Day!  I love you all!!  I am truly blessed to be a mother to my two beautiful daughters.  I am looking forward to my journey of being a mother to three daughters.  I can't imagine it's going to be easy, but I'm excited to experience all of the moments with them.  

3 comments:

Elyse said...

you will love having 3 kids! It is wonderful! Tiring and difficult on some days, but for the most part it is great!
Relax and get some rest before that baby gets here!!

Sara said...

I love the photo of the three of you. Your girls are so sweet. They look so different but like sisters all the same. I love it. What a gorgeous group of 4 girls!!!

Terry said...

What a wonderful woman you have become. Your girls are very lucky to have such a wonderful mather.
XOXO