Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Bringing Emrey Home

Lucky for me, I only had to stay in the hospital for one day.  Emrey was born at 8:48am on May 22nd and we were discharged on May 23rd in the morning.  I was told they were making an exception for me because normally they keep you 48 hours.  They referred to me as an expert since it was my third child and everything seemed to be going well with both Emrey and myself.  I couldn't wait to get home.  The hospital food was disgusting and I didn't even get to pick my meal.  Lucky for me my loving husband brought me food to eat during my short stay.  Trey, Madeleine, and Riley came to pick me and Emrey up from the hospital.  Riley was so excited to be bringing her new sister home.  I was excited to be getting home and being able to relax without being woken up to have vitals taken.  
When we arrived home Hadley greeted me with a huge hug.  She made my heart melt, especially since she wasn't wanting anything to do with me when she came to the hospital to see me.  It was good to know that I was still loved!  Now my little Hadley has to get use to not being the baby of the house anymore.  We'll see how that goes!  We just hung around the house for the day.  I was exhausted and just wanted to kick back and relax.  It was good to have two grandmas here to keep Riley and Hadley entertained so that I could relax. 
Our first night at home went as well as can be expected.  Emrey went to bed at about 9 o'clock and woke up for a diaper change and a feeding at 3am and then woke up at 7am.  I couldn't have asked for a better first night at home.  I have been blessed, once again, with a sleeping baby(knock on wood)!!  The next morning Riley couldn't wait to hold her new sister.  She was jumping up and down with excitement.  Hadley warmed up to Emrey held her too!  Of course when Hadley was done holding Emrey she just shoved her away.  It was pretty funny.  She let us know she was finished!  Things seem to be going well with all three girls.  I just need to work on Hadley and her need to be loud.  Once the volume control gets under control things should be perfect!

3 comments:

Elyse said...

Three beautiful girls you have there Rachel! Glad to hear things are going smoothly...I hope it lasts, but coming from a mom of three, I hate to say this, but...it wont! :)

Terry said...

You do good babies!!!
XOXO,

The Gunning Family said...

Blessed with another sleeper - best blessing a mom of three could have! Hadley's hair is getting so light!