Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Children's Discovery Center

I've always wanted to take the girls to the Children's Discovery Center here in Hawaii.  I thought it would be such a fun time for them, considering how much they like to explore.    I invited a couple of our friends to join us.  The girls love spending time with their little girlfriends, so it was a fun morning.  There was so much for the kids to see, touch, and play with.  They were bouncing from one station to the next.  It's a good thing I had Emrey strapped to me, or else I'd probably have lost somebody!  There was a Curious George exhibit, which Riley & Hadley enjoyed a bunch.  They are big fans of Curious George!  Hadley kept yelling, "monkey, monkey."  There was another area where the kids could dress up in costumes and put on a play.  They could turn on sounds and lights over the stage.  They really enjoyed that. 
The bad part about the morning was that their was about three different field trips with older kids who could care less about the little people.  I kept having to make sure that Hadley didn't get trampled over.  We just kept skipping the areas where the field trips were and going back to those exhibits once the wild school kids were gone.  We stayed for about two hours and then it was lunch time and nap time soon approaching, which you could tell with the meltdowns that were starting to occur.  Poor Riley didn't want to leave.  She started tearing up and telling me she wasn't ready to go.  I felt bad, but my sweet girl stopped her complaining and understood that Hadley and Emrey, and her friends were ready to head home.  I promised we'd go back, which made her happy! 

No comments: